Nonimmigrant Visas

Nonimmigrant visas are available to foreign nationals who wish to enter the United States for a temporary period of time for a specific purpose; some visas permit work, others study or tourism.  For some visitors from certain countries, the visa requirement is waived and can enter the U.S. on the Visa Waiver program.

Our firm has deep experience in negotiating the often confusing and complicated maze of ever-changing regulations and policies that govern eligibility requirements for obtaining these visas. We specialize in determining the right visa category for you and your family members.

There are several types of nonimmigrant visas that allow a foreign national to work in the U.S. These include:

H-1B (professionals), for individuals who will be employed and sponsored by a U.S company in a specialty occupation (one which typically requires a bachelor’s degree).

TN (professionals) similar to the H-1B but only for nationals of Canada and Mexico.

H-1B1 (professionals) similar to the H-1B but only for nationals of Singapore and Chile.

E-3 (professionals) similar to the H-1B but only for nationals of Australia.

L-1 (intracompany transferees), for managers, executives or essential employees, transferring from a foreign company to its U.S. operations; also available for companies seeking a U.S. startup.

E (treaty traders and investors), for certain treaty nationals who invest in a U.S. business or engage in substantial trade who are coming to the U.S. to direct their business or as a special skilled employee.

O-1 (extraordinary ability or achievement), for highly skilled foreign nationals who have achievements in the arts, sciences, business, or athletics.

P (athletes and entertainers), for internationally recognized foreign nationals, including performing groups.

I (journalists/media representative) for foreign journalists working for a foreign media outlet in the United States.

R-1 (religious workers), for workers who come to the U.S. to take on a religious occupation and perform services for their sponsoring religious organization.